The Foundation for Peace, Tolerance, and Non-Violence
WORKING TO INSTILL POSITIVE IDEAS AND VALUES
The Foundation for Peace, Tolerance, and Non-Violence operates in the largest predominantly Muslim countries to promote values of peace, tolerance, and non-violence through education and by popularizing the teachings of Prophets of Peace from the respective countries, region, and the world at large such as Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, Gandhi, Dalai Lama and others.
The Foundation will establish Centers in these Muslim countries starting with Karachi, Pakistan. The Center will house documents, books, and media on the topics and personalities related to peace, tolerance, and non-violence and also engage in projects and activities city wide and within school systems at the elementary, secondary, and university level to promote its mission. The activities include but are not limited to debate competitions, essay and poetry writing competitions along themes of peace, tolerance, and non-violence
• The perception in the Muslim world is that they have some legitimate grievances
• The Center will not debate or promote any of these or even have an opinion on these
• The Center will be Non-partisan, non-aligned, and will be politically neutral
• “Perception is Reality”
• As far as humans all over the world are concerned, perception and beliefs are more real than the truest of facts
• We want to teach positive methods of addressing grievances via the examples of great non-violent leaders
Contribute for Change Donate Now!
• Promote peace, tolerance, non-violence, pluralism, and respect for differences
• Teach people to cope with change in a positive way
• Popularize the teachings of non-violent change advocates
• Reflecting on personalities such as:
– Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
– Nelsen Mandela
– Find Islamic non-violent personalities that are global and National such as Sir Syed Ahmad Khan and Mohammad Iqbal in South Asia
Go to every city in North America and engage the Muslims Youths at Mosques, Islamic Centers, Islamic Schools, and University Islamic Organizations to embed the ideas of Peace, Tolerance, and Non-Violence.
• Syed M. Ali, Senior Research Director Gallup Organization.
• Dr. Syed M. Mohiuddin, M.D., D.Sc., Chair of the Department of Medicine at Creighton University School of Medicine
• Bilal A. Khaleeq, The Khaleeq Law Firm, LLC
• Dr. John Calvert, Chair of History Department, Creighton University
• Dr. Michael J. Kelly, Professor of Law, Creighton University, LL.M. in International & Comparative Law with distinction from Georgetown University
• Shama Ali, Coordinator International Affairs Creighton University
• Arthur Pearlstein, Professor of Law and Director Werner Institute for Negotiation and Dispute Resolution
The Foundation for Peace, Tolerance, and Non-Violence is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to use every dollar contributed as efficiently as possible. It is our goal to spend minimal amounts of your donation on overhead (administrative and fundraising costs), and to spend almost all of your contribution on our programs.
Our pledge to our donors is to keep our overhead low, to maximize the percentage of your contributions that go towards our programs, and to spend our program dollars wisely so that children and youth in the countries of operation benefit directly from our work.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for The Foundation for Peace, Tolerance, and Non-Violence. We are pleased to hear from all of you who wish to make a significant difference in the world.
We currently do not have a need for domestic volunteering. However, if you would like to help, we invite you to assist in fundraising, so please visit our Fundraising Page.
For International Volunteering, most of our projects are in Pakistan and other Muslim countries. At the present time we do not have international volunteers for several reasons:
1) Our limited financial resources are devoted primarily to grass roots micro community-based projects, to keep our overhead at a minimum. At this time, it is impossible for us to manage projects as well as be responsible for volunteers.
2) The Foundation for Peace, Tolerance, and Non-Violence is a grass roots non-profit organization, established in 2008. PTNV is a small organization with few staff, and we are not set up to coordinate volunteers or manage them in the field. It is imperative that any volunteer who came to Pakistan or other Muslim country would have a positive learning experience, as well as offer something constructive during their time in return. We are not in a position to oversee such an opportunity due to our limited staff that could serve as a liaison between the locals and foreign volunteers. Due to security language and cultural barriers
3) Pakistan’s government is in a state of dynamic transition. It is difficult to predict what the regional long-term outcomes will be. The US State Department and British Council have warned US and UK citizens not to travel to Pakistan. (Current U.S. State Dept. Travel Advisories)
4) There are inherent dangers in the region we work in, and safety considerations are paramount. We are uncomfortable with the responsibility for any foreigners. Anyone assumed to be with us incurs the same risks we do.
We do not want discourage anyone who sincerely wishes to help. Your enthusiasm, curiosity and determination are appreciated. Although we are not able to offer you a volunteer opportunity with The Foundation for Peace, Tolerance, and Non-Violence, we do encourage you to pursue your goal in another area where you could make a difference and learn a great deal. Thank you for your interest.
Here are a few organizations that may be contacted for volunteer information. Many more can be found with a simple browse of the Internet.
Thank you for your interest in fundraising for The Foundation for Peace, Tolerance, and Non-Violence (PTNV). Fundraising is an important part of our mission to promote and support community based micro education to build positive values and attitudes. You can make a difference in the lives of children in courtesies like Pakistan.
The scope of the fund raiser is your choice and we will assist in making it a successful event. We will be happy to send you additional promotional materials to have available during your fund raiser, however we do not provide logistical support for fundraising events.
We provide Fundraising Ideas for organizing fund raisers, and PTNV Publications.
You may download high resolution photos, use direct quotes from articles, or use other information you find useful, but please copyright The Foundation for Peace, Tolerance, and Non-Violence when doing so.
We can also send you a fundraising kit that includes the above. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We sincerely thank you for your help to raise funds for the education of the people of Pakistan and other Muslim counties to build positive attitude and values of Peace, Tolerance, and Non-Violence!